Welcome to the City of Chickasha's website. We are pleased to utilize the latest technology to provide information about your city's innovative and award-winning local government operations.
The City of Chickasha has a Council-Manager form of government in which the elected Mayor and City Council members establish policy. Those policies are then implemented by the City Manager who is appointed by, and reports to, the City Council.
The City Manager operates much in the same way that a Chief Executive Officer of a corporation does. The City Manager's Office is responsible for the day-to-day administration of Chickasha's city government, including managing the city's budget, the city's departments and operations, and programs for communicating with residents and employees.
The following statement of values reflects what we believe in and the reasons we exist:
- We respect and support the changing needs of our customers, their elected representatives and our employees. We value their abilities and contributions to making Chickasha the standard - in every respect - by which all other cities are measured.
- Our actions will reflect our total commitment to ethics, integrity, pride, hard work, and leadership by example.
- Our mission is to continue building partnerships with our customers, elected officials, employees, and others to transform Tomorrow's Chickasha Vision into reality. We will provide visionary leadership focused on developing the highest quality, competitively priced, and efficiently delivered services to our customers.
The City Manager's Office encourages and oversees the efforts of all city departments to promote your participation in your local government. The City Manager's Office, along with all other city departments, strives to provide you with information about city projects, considerations before City Council, and other issues that impact you.
Information available from the City Manager's Office includes copies of:
- City Council meeting dates, agendas, and minutes
- City Council voting rececords
- City Council Ward Maps
- City Ordinances
- Membership lists of official city boards, trusts, and committees
- City Budget and financial information
City Manager's Employment Contract
The City Manager works as a contract employee under an employment agreement. The terms and conditions are negotiated and approved by the City Council. Click here to view the City Manager's contract.