At this time, the City of Chickasha is not considering shutting down any businesses. However, that position could change at any point in time. We encourage citizens to monitor the City’s official communications channels for changing information: www.chickasha.org, facebook.com/ChickashaOK, and @ChickashaOK on Twitter and Instagram. You can subscribe to alerts on our website to receive email and/or text message notifications directly from the City of Chickasha.
Although we are not issuing a stay at home order at this time, we do encourage individuals and businesses to take safety precautions:
- Business owners are encouraged to limit the number of customers allowed in their location at one time. Help encourage social distancing by making sure there is 6 feet of space between customers and offering curbside pickup of products.
- Restaurant owners are encouraged to continue or implement curbside pickup and drive thru services. Although we have not shut down dine-in services, we encourage restaurants to consider taking this measure on their own for the health and safety of their customers.
- We encourage those who are able to work from home to do so.
- If you do not have to be out, we encourage you to stay home.
- We implore individuals who have a cough or other symptoms to stay home and call their primary healthcare provider for further instructions. Please do not go out if you are sick or if you have been around someone who is sick.
- We encourage individuals who do not need N95 masks, gowns and other personal protective equipment not to take or hoard these items, as they are critical to protect our healthcare professionals and first responders.
- We ask that when you are shopping for groceries and supplies that you only take what you need. Please do not hoard food, toilet paper and other items – be a good neighbor so we can all have access to things we need.
- As we have many times before, we encourage you to wash your hands frequently, don’t touch your face, clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces, and physically distance yourself from others when you do have to go out.
Once again, these are the suggestions made by the City of Chickasha at this time. We hope to avoid a mandatory shut down of businesses or the issuance of a stay at home order, but we are all responsible to do our part to flatten the curve. We appreciate your cooperation.